If you ever filed a complaint with a public transport authority in Germany, there's a high chance you used Codemart software!
Countless millions of bus & tram riders are using our software
Codemart has been developing this entire software suite under the codename "Transity". Among experts, it's known as rms Solutions: it manages customer, operator and contract relationships at more than 25 German transport authorities.
Just in 2022, we extended Transity installations to the public transport authorities of the Hanover region (GVH) and the entirety of North Rhine-Westphalia (mobil.nrw), Germany's most densely populated state.
This impressive coverage turns Codemart into a real powerhouse in the German public transport landscape! 😎
As of today, we are addressing an audience of more than 22 million German citizens (plus tourists) who take more than 3 billion bus & tram rides per year.
Maturing for 14 years
In 2008, Codemart started developing a focused web app to reimburse public transport passengers in the densely populated German Rhine-Main area when their ride was delayed by more than 10 minutes.
After its initial success, we quickly expanded the feature set to handle all kinds of general complaints from passengers, and managing contracts between transport authorities and their 1000s of local line operators.
Following another major feature extension in 2018, we re-architected the growing system with modern React-based clients, robust Java server APIs and a scalable, customizable, responsive UI.
Today, the Transity software suite is a total beast with almost 1.2 million LOC and a dedicated DevOps team managing numerous server instances, build versions and client-specific installations.
1 server system, 4 client applications
The Transity software suite consists of 4 web applications for case and contract management:
- Transity 10min: reimburse passengers for delayed trips
marketed as rms Solutions KM
- Transity ELMA: handle multi-category customer complaints
marketed as rms Solutions AM
- Transity Penalty: track and penalize service issues with local line operators
marketed as rms Solutions PM
- Transity Contracts: manage contracts and payments with local line operators
marketed as rms Solutions VT
All these applications can be customized to a public transport authority's special requirements, data structures and processes. Even sudden disruptive changes like the introduction of Germany's famous "9-Euro-Ticket" can be handled quickly and elegantly with a central configuration & administration tool.
To obtain passenger feedback and submissions online, Transity offers a highly flexible, separate UI component – the Creator:
- Embeddable in any client website or smartphone app (iOS & Android)
- Fully responsive UI, automatically adapting itself to desktops, tablets and smartphones
- Full accessibility support according to WCAG 2.1 and BITV 2.0
- Adaptable to client design styleguides with elaborate CSS skins
- Integration of leading European public transport routing services like HAFAS and TRIAS
- Intrinsic user guidance & plausibility checks
- Anti-bot counter-measures
- File and photo uploads incl. drag & drop
Today, Codemart maintains 9 different, client-specific UI designs for the Creator – all running with exactly the same HTML code.
In Germany, public-facing Transity Creator instances take in about 4 million submissions per year.
You can try it out for yourself, e.g. here:
- Mobilitätsgarantie NRW
- GVH Garantie
- RMV 10-Minuten-Garantie
- RMV Service für Anfragen, Kritik und Anregungen
- VVO Kundengarantie
Our largest developer team
Codemart's Transity team is our largest group of developers. They can move mountains on demand and on a whim, documented with high client satisfaction scores!
Our long-standing partnerships round out the whole package:
- rms Consult are managing client relations, sales, customization and QA – they've been a great and professional partner from the very beginning, preparing the market for such an innovative product!
- Codebox is bridging complex client requirements with our software architects and collaborates with rms Consult in the sales process.
- two tribes provides the UI design, UI component code and client-specific Creator design skins
- Junidas operates our extended DevOps server farm and even runs production servers for public transport authorities if needed.
Working on Transity brings you in touch with a modern technology stack, a diverse and distributed team, biiiig DevOps machinery and a huge & growing user audience!
Ah yes, and German. We've been learning the funniest and longest German words while working on Transity. Ever heard of "erhöhtes Beförderungsentgelt"? "Streckenverkehrsplan"? "Nahverkehrsorganisation"? Rolls right off the tongue… 😅
Just buy a Fahrkarte. If we're running late, file a Beschwerde 😂